Paul House joined the faculty in 2004. He is the author of The Unity of the Twelve and Old Testament Theology, and has contributed volumes in the New American Commentary (1-2 Kings), the Word Biblical Commentary (Lamentations), the Tyndale Old Testament Commentary (Daniel), and the Mentor Commentary Series (Isaiah 1-27 and Isaiah 28-66). He is a member of the Translation Oversight Committee for the English Standard Version. His wife, Heather, is a homemaker and editor. They are members of Briarwood Presbyterian Church.
- M.Div., Ph.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.A., University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.A., Southwest Baptist University
- Isaiah 1-27. Mentor Commentary Series. Fearn, Scotland: Christian Focus Publishing, 2019.
- Isaiah 28-66. Mentor Commentary Series. Fearn, Scotland: Christian Focus Publishing, 2019.
- Daniel. Tyndale Old Testament Commentary. Leicester: Intervarsity Press, 2018.
- The Crucified Apostle. WUNT 2. 450. Tubingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2017. Co-editor with Todd A. Wilson.
- Bonhoeffer’s Seminary Vision: Recovering Costly Discipleship and Life Together. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books, 2015.
- Old Testament Survey, 2nd ed. Nashville: Broadman, 2007. Co-author with Eric Mitchell.
- Central Themes in Biblical Theology: Mapping Unity in Diversity. Nottingham, England: Apollos, 2007/Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker, 2007. Co-editor with S. J. Hafemann.
- How to Understand the Day of the Lord. Seoul, Korea: 2007. Co-author with Sehoon Jang. Lamentations. Word Biblical Commentary 23B. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2003.
- Who Will Be Saved? Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books, 2000. Co-editor with G. A. Thornbury.
- Jeremiah-Lamentations. Shepherd’s Notes. Nashville: Broadman Press, 1999.
- Leviticus-Numbers. Shepherd’s Notes. Nashville: Broadman Press, 1999.
- Old Testament Theology. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1998. Korean language edition, 2001. Portuguese language edition, 2005. Chinese language edition, 2015.
- The Formation of Isaiah and the Twelve: Essays in Honor of John D. W. Watts. JSOTS Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1996.Co-editor with James W. Watts.
- 1-2 Kings. New American Commentary. Nashville: Broadman Press, 1995.
- Beyond Form Criticism: Essays in Old Testament Literary Criticism. Sources for Biblical and Theological Study, Volume 2. Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 1992. Editor.
- Old Testament Survey. Nashville: Broadman, 1992.
- The Whole Counsel of God: A Tribute to E. Herbert Nygren. Upland, IN: Taylor University Press, 1991. Co-editor with William A. Heth.
- The Unity of the Twelve. JSOTS 97/Bible and Literature Series 27. Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1990.
- Zephaniah-A Prophetic Drama. JSOTS 69/Bible and Literature Series 16. Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1988.
- Biblical Theology
- Church Renewal in Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life and Work
- Bible Translation
- Book of Daniel
- Translation Oversight Committee member of the English Standard Version (since 1999)
- Board of Trustees, Good News/Crossway Publishing
- Evangelical Theological Society (President, 2012)
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Joseph Ratzinger Society for Biblical Theology
- Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Birmingham