Doctor of Ministry Studies
Beeson Divinity School’s Doctor of Ministry Studies Program is designed to enhance the practice of ministry among Christian leaders. The goal is to equip the person committed to a Christian vocation for the highest level of excellence in the actual practice of ministry. It is a professional degree, focusing not just on gaining new knowledge, but also on developing more effective skills and greater competencies in ministry.
The Beeson faculty want to help you grow in spiritual maturity, and to see you excel in a ministry that is biblically rooted, theologically sound, and culturally relevant. Our D.Min. program has been designed with these objectives in mind, allowing you to gain the most from on-campus seminars (two weeks every January and July for two years) while continuing to serve in your place of ministry full-time.
A world-class faculty, the resources of a university campus and a smaller program allowing for more personal attention are just a few of the features that make the Beeson D.Min. program an outstanding option for those Christian leaders who want to go further in their training.
The Doctor of Ministry Degree Program is designed to enhance the practice of ministry among those who are formally engaged in Christian ministry. Students in the program will:
1. Grow in spiritual maturity and in the practice of spiritual disciplines.
2. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the nature and purposes of ministry.
3. Improve their ability to integrate the biblical and theological foundations for ministry into the practice of ministry.
4. Develop the knowledge and skills needed for pastoral research and self- directed learning.
5. Perform the duties of his or her ministry with a greater degree of effectiveness and skill.
The director of Beeson's Doctor of Ministry Studies program is Dr. Mark Searby.