Best Care for Orphans
Luncheon and Round Table
Join us for a panel discussion with Johnny Grimes, Rick Morton and others as they weigh adoption, sponsorship and foster parenting. This free event is cosponsored by Beeson Divinity School Global Center and Altar 84
Christians generally agree that we are called to care for orphans and those who cannot care for themselves. Christians often disagree about the best way to care for orphans.
- Should we build orphanages?
- Should we sponsor children via agencies that keep them in their home-culture?
- Should all Christians consider adoption and/or foster parenting?
- What are the ramifications of these for families and the children they bring into their homes?
- What part should the local church play? HOW do church-planting missionaries approach this?
In this panel discussion, you will hear Johnny Grimes, Rick Morton and others associated with these fields weigh the options for care of orphans locally and abroad .The
panel discussion at Beeson kicks off a weekend conference on orphan care hosted
by Altar84 and The Church at Brook Hills.
Registration is now closed. Although we cannot provide
lunch or space in the N101 classroom for non-registrants, anyone is welcome to
watch the panel discussion in one of the two overflow spaces—the student
commons and the Global Center, both of which are in Divinity Hall. The forum
will be recorded and made available via our webpages in coming days, so check