Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
The Master of Divinity degree prepares students for full-time Christian ministry. It is the flagship program of Beeson Divinity School.
Graduates of the M.Div. program will
1. Demonstrate the ability to be able interpreters of the Scriptures in the preparation of expositions of the biblical text.
2. Demonstrate the ability to use relevant biblical, historical, ethical, and theological data and methodology to articulate key evangelical doctrines and their significance to the life and work of the church.
3. Demonstrate the ability to engage in the process of personal growth and maturity in Christian living, as well as the knowledge and skills to facilitate the spiritual development of others.
4. Demonstrate the ability to use relevant biblical, historical, and theological data and methodology to articulate the gospel of Jesus Christ, to incarnate the gospel for the sake of others in various cultural contexts, and to equip others to do the same.
5. Demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver oral sermons that exhibit thorough exegetical and theological analysis of biblical texts in context, and that communicate the word of God clearly and persuasively to contemporary hearers in their setting.
6. Demonstrate the ability to express the relevance of biblical teachings to the practices of pastoral ministry (e.g., pastoral care, worship leadership), and to integrate and contextualize appropriately within the student’s own ecclesiastical setting the theory and practice of ministry in supervised ministry experiences.
for comprehensive information on the Master of Divinity curriculum.
Admissions Office 877-575-0595 . 205-726-2066 . firstname.lastname@example.org