Certificate of Anglican Studies (CAS)
The Certificate of Anglican Studies aims to help the student deepen in the knowledge of Anglican belief, practice, worship, and spirituality.
This certificate is only awarded with the successful completion of the M.Div. degree through Beeson Divinity School. Certain courses completed within those degree programs also count towards the C.A.S and are outlined below.
- Doctrine and Ethics done by the student with an Anglican focus
- Two Anglican Themed Electives. Such as,
- Anglican Spiritual Tradition (DVSF 621)
- History of the English Reformation (DVHD 704)
- Anglican History and Doctrine (DVHD 721)
- Other DVSF 621–622 Special Topics in Spiritual Formation
- Directed Study (DVTH 741)
Credit hours: 9
- DVML 625 Pastoral Formation with practicum normally done in an Anglican congregation
- DVML 725 The Ministry of Administration with practicum normally done in an Anglican congregation
Total Hours: 15 credit hours
Questions about the C.A.S. can be directed to Dr. Gerald R. McDermott, Anglican Chair of Divinity.