Becoming a Missionary
If you are considering becoming a missionary, the following are a few helpful, practical resources from EMQOnline.com, Missions and Earthly Things, by Scott Moreau and Mike O'Rear, October 2004. To view complete article, click here.
There are also several resources available on the How to Prepare for a CCMI Trip page that are helpful.
If you are looking to be sent out as a missionary through a missions agency, click here to view our missions agencies page.
The following are a list of missions travel agencies. If you are an individual or leading a team and you are looking to book a flight at the best and lowest rate, these agencies can help you get there. Since we personally know little about each agency, we urge you to do a lot of research before booking a flight with any of them.
- Adventure Travel Service, www.adventure-travel-inc.com
- AFC Travel, www.afctravel.com
- Golden Rule Travel, www.goldenruletravel.com
- Mission Valley Travel, Inc, www.mvti.net
- MTS Travel, Inc, www.mtstravel.com
- Outland Travel, www.outlandtravel.com
- Raptim Travel, www.raptimusa.com
- Travel King Tours, www.travelkingtours.com
The following are a list of insurance companies geared toward missionary insurance. Since we personally know little about each company, we urge you to research each company first.
For resources on cross-cultural training before going
overseas or for working in a cross-cultural context, visit these
- Mission Training International - For 60 years, MTI has been providing
relevant, practical, in-residence training on the make-or-break issues that
help make cross-cultural messengers of the Gospel more effective. MTI provides
tools for language acquisition, communication, and leadership.
- Center for Intercultural Training - CIT is a partnership of missional agencies,
churches and organizations dedicated to training and equipping cross-cultural
workers and their families for cross-cultural ministry.
Fundraising Resources (from Chris Blazer)