M.Div. and M.A.T.S. Application Process
How do I apply?
When do I need to apply by?
October 1-Spring Admission Deadline
February 15-Fall Admission Deadline
This checklist is designed to assist you in applying for admission to Beeson Divinity School. All items on this checklist must be received in the admission office prior to the application deadline.
- Online application.
- Essay 1 (Description of Calling)
- Essay 2 (The Apostles’ Creed)
- Academic Recommendation (to be completed by a college-level instructor)
- Pastoral Recommendation (to be completed by your senior pastor, other member of the pastoral staff or campus minister; cannot be a family member)
- Church Endorsement (to be completed by the governing body of your church of membership). *This may be completed, if needed, by the same person who completes your pastoral recommendation form. However, please make the pastor aware he/she will need to complete both recommendation forms.
- Admission Interview:
Each applicant is responsible for calling the divinity school admission office at 1-877-575-0595 or 205-726-2066 to schedule an interview. Interviews must be completed prior to the application deadline. It is recommended that your interview be completed on campus, but if this is not possible, interviews conducted by phone or Skype are acceptable.
- Official Transcript: Official transcript(s) from all undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate institutions previously attended should be mailed to:
Beeson Divinity School
Office of Admission
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, Alabama 35229
Or, e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*A final transcript also is required upon completion of your undergraduate degree. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact.
- $35 non-refundable fee that may be paid by credit card when submitting online application (not required for graduates of Samford University)
Call 1-877-575-0595 or 205-726-2066 OR e-mail the Admissions Office.