Accreditation

Beeson Divinity School of Samford University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS) and by the Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) to award the following degrees: 

Master of Divinity (MDiv)
Master of Arts [Theological Studies] (MATS)
Doctor of Ministry (DMin)   

For questions about the accreditation of Beeson Divinity School of Samford University, contact:   

The Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane 
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Telephone:  404-679-4500
www.sacscoc.org  

The Commission on Accrediting
 10 Summit Park Drive
 Pittsburgh, PA  15275
 Telephone:  412-788-6505
 www.ats.edu

Statement of Educational Effectiveness:

The mission of Beeson Divinity School is:

1) To provide graduate theological education;

2) To prepare God-called persons to serve as ministers in the Church of Jesus Christ; and

3) To worship the Triune God and to encourage the practices of Christian spirituality.

The faculty and staff of the Divinity School are committed to the fulfillment of this mission and to rigorous evaluation of programs, services, and outcomes for the sake of educational effectiveness and quality improvement.

While there are various measures of educational effectiveness employed by theological schools, Beeson Divinity School is pleased to publish the following findings:

Doctor of Ministry


Direct measures of learning (2010-14) revealed that 85% of students met or exceeded the faculty’s standards for degree objectives; 13% met standards with some qualification; and 2% failed to meet standards.
Indirect measures of learning (2010-14 graduates’ self-reported evaluations) revealed that graduates were very satisfied with how the program of study enhanced their practice of Christian ministry, as expressed in the degree objectives. On a scale of 1 (very dissatisfied) to 5 (very satisfied), the aggregate rating across all degree objectives was 4.33.

Master of Divinity


Direct measures of learning (2010-14) revealed that 85% of students met or exceeded the faculty’s standards for degree objectives; 14% met standards with some qualification; and 1% failed to meet standards.
Indirect measures of learning (2010-14 graduates’ self-reported evaluations) revealed that graduates were very satisfied with the program’s effectiveness in facilitating ministry skill areas. The aggregate rating across all degree objectives was 4.23 (1 = not at all effective; 5 = very effective).

Master of Arts [Theological Studies]


Direct measures of learning (2010-14) revealed that 92% of students met or exceeded the faculty’s standards for degree objectives; the remaining 8% met standards with some qualification.
Indirect measures of learning (2011-14 graduates’ self-reported evaluations) revealed that graduates were very satisfied with the program’s effectiveness in developing their understanding of the theological disciplines. The aggregate rating across all degree objectives was 4.14 (1 = very dissatisfied; 5 = very satisfied).